After three months of planning, testing and tasting, the 1st South Walsham Guides Cupcake Challenge has been launched.
Patrol Leaders from our unit decided to create the challenge as a project for the winter term 2011 and to see if they could turn it into a fund-raising success.
We held a competition to create a cupcake badge, which was won by Megan, from Panda Patrol, and we had her design made up into a cloth blanket badge by Webb Tolley Badges.
The Cupcake Challenge is split into five sections:
- Crazy Cakes, with lots of games, including Cupcake Relay and Bun Fight
- Clever Cakes, with puzzles and brain teasers
- Crafty Cakes, cupcake, badges, pin cushion, cards etc
- Bake the Cake – indoor and outdoor cooking
- The Icing on the Cake, the messy, sticky bit!
You don’t need a kitchen to do the badge – we don’t have one at our meeting place – and you can adapt it to suit your unit or your event.
The main thing about the Cupcake Challenge is to have fun!
Download your pack from our website and off you go!